I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Friday, January 1, 2010

Living in Australia

I love living out in the bush here in Australia. Just take a look at what I wake up to early in the mornings - Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn.
This mob of 'roos have been frequenting my backyard, front yard and nature strip of late as I'm watering my lawn to keep it alive and the place cool over the hot Summer months.
Everywhere else is brown as brown and the grass is literally greener on my side of the fence for these guys.
This photo shows the huuuuge patriarch of the mob. When upright he stands just over 2m tall (6ft)! There are several females, including one with a large, dark spot of fur on her ribs that he's courting, a couple of juvenile males, and a female with a joey in her pouch and a young one at her side.
The 'roo's graze from dusk to just after dawn (Panda, one of my cats, has taken to stalking them - my neighbours and I just laugh and think she's got Buckley's of catching one!).
The mob are great natural lawn mowers as well as a fantastic source of natural fertilizer!
Did I mention I love living in the country?

1 comment:

  1. Kylie,
    Hope 2010 is even better for you than last year and that you keep enjoying your bush paradise,
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete