I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Saturday Seven (Masters of the Shadowlands series)

It's Saturday Seven!

Cherise Sinclair is now an auto-buy for me. I love her intense, character driven erotic romances. The BDSM elements woven into her stories aren't everyone's cup of tea (fair warning - this series revolves around a group of people at a BDSM club called Shadowlands and the lifestyle is an intricate component in her characters lives and the plot) but I enjoy reading this genre as much as I do science fiction romance or urban fantasy. The setting is as integral to the story as the characters conflicts.

This scene comes from CLUB SHADOWLANDS, the first book in The Shadowlands series. After a breakdown outside Shadowlands, Jessica's intrigued by what she observes while inside the club and the owner, Zachary, is more than interested in introducing her to the lifestyle when he senses her interest.

Life has taught Jessica that there's little difference between a man who dominates a woman through fear and a Dom - or so she thinks. Zachary (or Master Z as he's known within Shadowlands) helps her to understand there is a huge difference.
"Mmm, there's quite a bit I don't know about you, either." Like why his little sub kept attacking Doms. He pulled her back so he could massage the muscles in front of her shoulders.
"Like what?" she murmured. With her worry abated, her emotions had turned to a warm hum, almost like a purr.
"You've been in the club two nights and attacked a Dom each night to defend someone. Instead of finding a dungeon monitor, you jump right in."

Jessica felt her mind go blank and she tried to sit up. "I...Anyone would do the same, keep someone from being hurt."
"Of course. What makes it so personal for you, Jessica?" His hands pinned her against the chair.
"That's-" She huffed out a breath. "Do I get to keep anything private?"
"Well...no." He kissed the top of her head, but his hands, flattened against her chest, didn't move. "Tell me what happened. Who was hurt by a man?"
CLUB SHADOWLANDS (Bk#1 The Shadowlands series)
Her car disabled during a tropical storm, Jessica Randall discovers the isolated house where she’s sheltering is a private bondage club. At first shocked, she soon becomes aroused watching the interactions between the Doms and their subs. But she’s a professional woman–an accountant–and surely isn’t a submissive . . . is she?
Master Z hasn’t been so attracted to a woman in years. But the little sub who has wandered into his club intrigues him. She’s intelligent. Reserved. Conservative. After he discovers her interest in BDSM, he can’t resist tying her up and unleashing the passion she hides within.
Read another excerpt here.


1 comment:

  1. That's interesting, Kylie. I've read these and I thought the men were too sweet for my liking. I didn't get that stomach tensing that I wanted from a Dom. I think maybe my taste is odd because so many people do love them.

    Thanks,
    Cath xo

    ReplyDelete