I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Sunday, October 21, 2012

GUEST AUTHOR: Erica Hayes

How does this grab you?

Paranormal urban fantasy romance apocalypse. With zombies.

Sound like fun? I thought so too. 

You're in for a real treat today! Please welcome a good friend of mine, a fellow Aussie author and Berkley babe, Erica Hayes...

Thanks to Kylie for welcoming me to her blog! Seriously, never mind the guest blog, I'd come here just to look at her scrumptious cover art… I so want to be that lady on the front of ALLEGIANCE SWORN. She's totally bad-ass…

Anyway. Moving on… Greetings, world! I'm Erica Hayes, and I'm a paranormal romance author. Or maybe an urban fantasy author. What's in a genre, anyway? It's all in the same section of the bookstore, right?

But as a reader, I know there's nothing more disappointing – not to mention annoying – than when a book turns out to be different to what you expected. Even if the book is great, it can really ruin my enjoyment. I've had many a quiet rant on the subject. Why did they put that cover on it? I say, or That back cover copy is nothing to do with the story!

Some authors strike it lucky. Our good Kylie's books, for instance, are clearly fantasy romance, just from the covers alone. No deception there! We expect magic spells, other worlds, mystical mayhem—and she delivers.

So, in the interests of reader sanity (and public safety!) I wish to make the following announcement: this is my new book, REVELATION – and what you see is pretty much what you get.

Hot dude on the cover equals romance. Flaming sword equals paranormal. City lights in the background equals urban with lashings of dark. And the back cover copy pretty much nails it.

REVELATION
(Bk#1 The Seven Signs series)

A fallen angel with a mission and a medical examiner who’s lost her faith are fighting for their souls in a glittering, near-future Manhattan…

Blind faith is for fools. That’s what Dr. Morgan Sterling believes. And she’s going to prove it by curing the zombie plague ravaging her city’s slums. She’s certain it’s not a sign of the End of Days, but a nasty disease—until an angel appears in her morgue in a flash of glory.
Luniel is not just a fallen angel. He’s a powerful warrior sworn to fight evil in hopes of a chance at redemption. He’s after the demon princes who are stealing the seven vials of holy wrath which, when perverted, will unleash eternal hell on earth.
To stop the plague, Luniel needs Morgan’s help, and her faith. But Morgan believes science is their salvation. If the zombie plague is a demonic curse—and if Luniel is true—he’ll have to prove it. Even if he loses his heart to true love or his soul to Hell…

So go right ahead and expect a hot romance! Sexy, tormented fallen angel warrior meets… well, he meets the perfect woman for him. She just doesn't know it yet.

But the world of the Seven Signs is bigger than just Lune and Morgan. You'll meet other angels – Luniel's conniving archangel, Michael, for one, and some of Lune's Tainted buddies. You'll also meet the chilly Demon King, Azaroth, and a crafty pain demon called Zuul. If you're familiar with my Shadowfae books, you'll know I am putty – putty, I say! – in the paws of a sexy, scheming secondary character. Especially a villain!

So yeah. REVELATION is a dark paranormal urban fantasy romance apocalypse. With zombies. Just so you know.

P.S. You can read the first chapter at my website.
And do come chat with me on Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. Good to know re your cover & I'll continue chatting with you on twitter 'cause I'm all about the instantaneous-ness, (we'll just ignore the time zone issue okay). Looking forward to reading it (have it already & it's in the "Reward" Column.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'A fallen Angel...'
    the first 3 words of your blurb had me, I'm a sucker for angels of any kind - the sexier the better!
    He also has a cool name, and Revelation sounds like something I'd definitely enjoy - so I'm off to add it to my need-to-get pile :)
    The book sounds great and I cant wait to read it.
    Thanks Kylie and Erica for the great post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, labels make it hard, but I get why it's done (ex-librarian). Makes it hard when you are a cross, though.

    Love the idea for the series. Looking forward to reading it, Erica.

    ReplyDelete