Looking back over the last twelve months so much has happened, in my personal life and in the world.
PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENTS (most notable)
- became an aunty
- published 2 books with Berkley
- ventured into the arena of public speaking as an author
- decided to teach part-time
WORLD EVENTS (mostly focusing on the positive events)
- Major elections in Egypt, Greece, China, Libya, Israel, Venezuela, France, Russia, Mexico, USA
- Walt Disney purchases Lucasfilm Ltd and its rights for Star Wars and Indiana Jones for $4.05 billion
- Russia became a member of the World Trade Organisation
- Kate Middleton pregnancy news announced
- Chinese scientists break world record by transferring photons over 97 kilometers using quantum teleportation
- Queen's Diamond Jubilee (60 years as the monarch of England)
- London Olympics (where female athletes from Saudi Arabia allowed to compete for the first time & Oscar Pistorius becomes first amputee to compete in the olympics)
- Facebook went public
- Transit of Venus
- Voyager 1 spacecraft, launched in 1977, reaches the end of our solar system and enters interstellar space
- Australian court rules Azaria Chamberlain was killed by a dingo
- Fukushima Daiichi nuclear reactor disaster
- Mayan prediction of "end of the world/spiritual transformation"
- Economic turmoil/GFC continues for most countries
- Hurricane Sandy hits the USA, the Bahamas, Cuba & Haiti
Here's to a wonderful and notable 2013!
What were your achievements or most memorable events for 2012?
* The 2013 New Year image comes from 123RF (a royalty free stock photo website).