Happy Halloween and Happy 2nd Anniversary to the Dark Side DownUnder blog!!!
Where has the time gone? It only seems like yesterday our Romance Writers of Australia Paranormal e-loop conceived the idea of starting up a blog to showcase our wonderfully, talented local writers (published and unpublished) from Australia and New Zealand.
Well, here we are two years down the track and still going strong! And to celebrate some of us have joined together to participate in a Dark Side DownUnder 2nd Anniversary Blog-Hop and boy, do we have some goodies to giveaway!
But first, let's get into the Halloween spirit and talk scary things (but not too terrifying as I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to creepy things)!
I'm not one for horror or anything that scares the pants off me, strange considering I write about the paranormal, things like demons, mythical creatures (some good, some bad), magic, evil characters and unknowns that go bump in the night.
But for the fun of it, and because it's Halloween, I'm going to share my Top 10 List of Scary Movies (these might date me but growing up watching these movies cured me for the rest of my adult life):
*A Nightmare on Elm Street (I only watched part of one - I did say I was a big, 'fraidy cat - and could never face another incarnation of it after the first. The only guy with claws that I like is Wolverine!
* Texas Chainsaw Massacre (I never looked at a meat hook in a butchers shop the same again, a blood 'n'guts movie that scarred me for life!)
* Friday the 13th (thanks to Jason killed one of the campers with a knife through the throat coming up from under the bed, I trained myself to sleep on my stomach)
* IT (hate, hate, hate clowns and sewer drains)
* The Sixth Sense (this wasn't so bad, I think I prefer inferential horror to actually seeing the scary bits - this movie had me sitting on the edge of my seat and my imagination working over time. It was just damn creepy, loved the twist at the end though!)
* Poltergeist (as a teen I believed in poltergeists and it scared the jeheebers out of me and to this day the crackle/prickle of the TV turning off as well as the residual light swirls on the screen as it powers down creep me out)
*Jaws (water skiing after seeing this was never the same)
*Alien (I watched this at a slumber party when I was 10y.o. - who's bright idea was it to show this movie to a bunch kids???? - couldn't finish watching it and spent the night hiding in my sleeping bag)
*The Omen (my cousin was named Damien, I watched him like a hawk after this movie)
*Carrie (read the book before I saw the movie, awesome telekinetic powers)
On the flip side, one of my all time favorite Halloween themed movies has werewolves, lycans and vampires. Besides starring a certain hunky blond, which I have to admit was a huge draw card, I loved the premise of a mutated virus infecting humans to create two races of supernatural creatures that then spend the next few hundred years at war with one another.
The idea of a vampire and lycan falling in love and breaking all the rules appealed to my Shakespearean love of tragedies (and romance writers heart), although in this case the hero and heroine do have a happily ever after!
And on that HEA note, I think it's time for the 'treat' part of Halloween! My treat - well, I have a Light Blade Book Pack to giveaway (signed copies of VENGEANCE BORN & ALLIANCE FORGED). Two of them actually!!! Just in time for Christmas to give away as gifts to someone or to keep for yourself.
To enter my giveaway, there's some legwork is required, but that's half the fun of a Halloween Blog-Hop! Just fill out the Rafflecopter form as you like (it has plenty of chances for you to enter).
And if you'd want to see what other treats are up for grabs with the other Dark Side DownUnder authors, see the details below.
DARK SIDE DOWNUNDER HALLOWEEN BLOG-HOP PRIZES:
- The Dark Side DownUnder authors are offering print books, ebooks and other goodies at their blogs.
- The big prize is a $30 Amazon gift voucher.
- To be eligible to win a prize on the blogs, the reader must do as what’s instructed on each blog by 11.59pm 4th November Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time.
- To be eligible to win the Amazon voucher, the participants must comment on each participating blog. Only one comment needed. Multiple comments will be ignored for the purposes of the contest.
- Have fun!
Halloween Special - 2nd Blogiversary Participants
2. Mel Teshco
3. Nicole Murphy
4. Imogene Nix
5. Christina Phillips aka Christina Ashcroft
6. Amanda Ashby
7. Jenny Schwartz
8. Shona Husk
9. Maree Anderson
11. Lilliana Rose
12. Nicole Hurley-Moore
13. Eden Summers
14. Erica Hayes
15. Sandra Harris
16. Keziah Hill
17. S E Gilchrist
a Rafflecopter giveaway