I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm a Sheila finalist!

Is it possible to dance while seated in front of a laptop? You betcha, 'cause I'm doing it now.

Andrea Romero, contest coordinator, rang to inform me I'm a finalist in the RWA® Valley Forge Sheila contest (fantasy/futuristic/paranormal section) ... with all three manuscripts that I entered into the competition! Gob-smacking news. :-D

And even cooler news is that Sharon Fisher, a fellow RWA 2010 Golden Heart® finalist, has also finalled in this section! Congratulations, Sharon!

The top five entries in each section advance into the final round of judging. Alicia Condon from Kensington is the final judge for this round - another editor I've been aiming to get my work in front of.

When I decided to test the waters in the US contest circuit, I never thought that this year would reap these sorts of results. Am I thrilled? Yes, indoodee-deedy ...

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Kylie!!!
    Make sure you come to Sydney so your talent can be sprinkled around. LOL.
    Good luck with the final. Kensington! Woo Hoo!!!
    Tam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tamara, and yes, I'm coming to Sydney - wouldn't miss it! Gotta get my yearly fix of writers' mania. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Thrilling news indeedy. Best of luck with the final :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sussan! :-) So glad you could drop in. Thank you for wishing me luck.

    ReplyDelete