I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Winter Rose Finalist

Just when I thought the last couple of weeks couldn't get any more exciting than they already have been, I've received an email informing me that my sci-fi romance (which you can find on my website) is a finalist in the Yellow Rose Chapter of RWA 2010 Winter Rose contest in the paranormal section!

One of goals I set this year was to only enter US contests geared towards getting my work in front of agents/editors interested in the paranormal genre.

The Winter Rose has Emmanuelle Alspaugh from the Judith Ehrlich Literary Agency judging the final round of the paranormal section. Results will be known on May 15th (my birthday) - fingers crossed!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Kylie..... the Call will come soon, I know it.

    BTW - love your new profile pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eleni! Thanks for the congrats.

    And yes, the profile pic is pretty good (I'm not usually in front of the camera) but with finalling in the GH I decided to bite the bullet and get that "professional" shot or two done by friends who own a photography studio. Guess being relaxed with them certainly helped - I was very pleased with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOO Kylie, the news just keeps getting better.

    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting better and moving forward (seems like a snails pace at times but it's progress) *lol*.

    ReplyDelete