It's conference season!!!
And I'm attending the Romance Writers of America® national conference in Atlanta, Georgia.
Thankfully, I'm travelling with a friend, Christine Taylor (one of the 2013 RWA Golden Heart® finalists in the Romantic Suspense section) so it should make the time spent travelling go faster...maybe.
We'll no doubt chat up a storm for some of the 28 hours it takes to get there. We'll certainly be psyching ourselves up for the amazing experience I know RWA is going to be.
This is Chris's first time to RWA, and with all the fun surrounding her with being a GH finalist, I know she's going to have a ball!
Some of my much anticipated events attending RWA will be:
- meeting my agent & editor face-to-face for the first time
- meeting & talking to readers at the Literacy Autographing & Berkley Book-Signing
- catching up with friends I made when I first came over in 2010 (when I won a Golden Heart® for VENGEANCE BORN)
- attending the GDRWA® Book Sellers Best awards night (where VENGEANCE BORN is a finalist in the Paranorma/Time Travel/Futuristic & Best First Book sections)
- attending Margie Lawson's workshop (I had such an a-ha moment when she visited RWAustralia® & RWNew Zealand® a few years ago)
- sitting beside Chris at the RWA® Awards dinner and cheering her on
There's no doubt I'll come back exhausted...but it will be so worth it!