I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Rotorua, NZ


These are some of the photographs I took while in Rotorua, New Zealand - geothermal hot spot of the North Island. It's my second visit here in three years - Mother Nature is amazing.
I also visited Te Puia, one of the Maori cultural arts & craft institutes in the city.

Pohutu Geyser
Ngamokaiakoko Mud Pool

Waiparu & Te Werenga Hotpools
Te Wananga Whakairo Carving
Te Aronui a Rua Meeting House
Traditional Maori warrior welcoming visitors to the Rotowhio Marae at Te Puia
Inviting visitors to join the villagers in the meeting house

Traditional Maori woman singing

3 comments:

  1. I really do need to get my butt over to NZ. Looks like you're having a fab time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing that mud pool photo threw me back to when I visited - I was about 8yrs old (umm Gr 2??). Found it fascinating to watch it bubble and plonk onto itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cath & Nicky - glad to play virtual tour guide for you both!

    ReplyDelete