I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Travelling New Zealand

There's nothing better than this time of year for me - rejuvenating the creative batteries with immersion at various writing conferences, meeting other authors (pubbed and unpubbed), soaking in knowledge and applying it.

Waihi Beach
It's a bit of a double-whammy because the Romance Writers of New Zealand conference is usually the final one on my itinerary and this then leaves me free to do some travelling. And New Zealand is my annual destination of choice.



Year after year I've thrown my suitcase in a hire car after conference, picked a direction and headed out. I've never been disappointed by what I've found and this year is no exception.

Beach inlet
I've revisited familiar territory this time around in the first week of my holiday - Karangahake Gorge, Waihi, Matamata, Rotorua.





Unfortunately, I can't show you any of the Hobbiton movie set in Matamata (confidentiality clause says so on my ticket), so you only get the middle of town. I'll post more on my travels later.
Matamata - Home of Hobbiton


3 comments:

  1. Your pictures have made me very, very jealous Kylie! We've only managed one short visit to NZ and I'm dying to go back there again. Maybe next year I can wangle time off for the NZ conference :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pics Kylie. At least you got a photo with the sign that you can show :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos Kylie and what a wonderful way to wind down after all the conferencing you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete