I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Thursday, August 19, 2010

RWOz® Conference

What a conference - my hat goes off to everyone who had anything to do with the organisation and preparation for that wonderful weekend. Every year it seems RWOz keeps getting better and better.

Here's a few snapshots from the weekend.

Putting names to faces was a huge part of the weekend - L to R: Bec Skrabl, Michelle de Rooy, Nicky Strickland, Erin Kuhne, Kylie Griffin.

Bec placed 2nd in the STALI & highly commended in the VPA.

Michelle placed 2nd in the Emerald:ST and highly commended in the VPA.

Alli Withers took out the Emerald:ST and the Anna Campbell prize for Best Historical entry in the Emmy.

Sharon Archer won a R*BY in the Short Book category.

Tracey O'Hara won a R*BY in the Romantic Elements category.










On a more personal note, I made a couple of pitches - one to editor, Dianne Moggy from Harlequin M&B and agent, Jennifer Schober from Spencerhill Associates over the weekend and had a request for a partial and full respectively. So, fingers crossed that something pans out from this.

I headed home truly exhausted - don't think I've ever been so dog-tired (a throat-lurgy stowed away and I suspect it has a lot to do with how flat I felt). But, as always, I love conference time and look forward to planning to go next year.

2 comments:

  1. A partial and a full... Good on you Kylie!!! I hope something comes out of it for you. I will keep all my fingers and toes crossed.

    Awesome to see you and the gorgeous Golden Heart. You were the first person I saw at the conference, that was so exciting!

    Hope that lurgy stayed away so you could enjoy the NZ Conference and your holiday!

    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic on the pitch front Kylie. It was wonderful catching up at conference and seeing that Golden Heart in person!!!

    ReplyDelete