I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Friday, September 3, 2010

Bay of Plenty, NZ

After a quick trip back to Auckland to drop my friend, Michelle, off at the airport, I headed south again, this time to the Coromandel Peninsula. The place is isolated by geography but the journey to Coromandel Town and Whitianga and both coast lines is worth the drive.

Why? The scenery is absolutely spectacular.
Coromandel Town on the west coast.
Whitianga Bay on the east coast of the Coromandel Peninsula.
Coromandel Peninsula mountains.









Coromandel Town Bay
The seafood is so delicious!











And a couple of other photos from further south in the Waikato District.
Tirau - a little town populated by these corregated creations.
A view of the crater lake in Rotorua.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous pics, Kylie. What beautiful country. Whitianga Bay looks so mysterious!

    ReplyDelete