I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Who's That Girl? interview with Nicola Sheridan

Some more home grown Aussie talent!

Please make Nicola feel welcome.

 Name?  Nicola E. Sheridan.

Where are you? Western Australia.

How many years have you been a member of RWAustralia? One year - and what a year its been! 

What genre/s do you write? I write parnormal/fantasy romance.

Who are your favourite authors? I love J.K. Rowling and Karen Marie Moning. Totally different authors, but completely amazing world builders!

What inspired you to write romance? I have always enjoyed fantasy, but  lamented it's lack of sexiness. Every book deserves a sexy hero and really, what's a book without a little romance? I just love the romantic aspect of writing and couldn't write a book without it. 

What's the best thing about going to conference? I've only been to "Romancing the West" twice, but I love being around other people who do the same thing I do.

Sometimes, as a writer you feel like you're the only person who does what you do... until you go to a conference and talk to all the others! I also love hearing other peoples advice on writing. You always learn something new. 

And lastly, finish these statements...
My greatest strength as a writer is... the fact I want to write, rather than have to write. That, and a ridiculously over-active imagination.
A sexy hero needs... a sexy back!
My latest WIP (work in progress) is about... Genies, DemonSpawn and Kuala Lumpur. I'm having a lot of fun!
When I write I like to... listen to Arabic music very loud. My poor neighbours! Haha!
My best writing milestone to date is... getting published. MAGICAL GAINS was published in March 2011 by Eternal Press and I just got a contract for my second book, MAGICAL CREATIONS, due for release in October 2011.

If you'd like to find out more about Nicola, click on the website link, or follow her blog or Facebook group. You can also find her author page at Eternal Press.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Nicola, fellow West Australian! Great to learn more about you :-) Congratulations on your books. I love the sound of genies and DemonSpawn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview, ladies.
    Nicola, love learning more about you. Your latest WIP sounds fantastic, and definitely fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Another Dark Sider! Welcome Nicola! What an interesting concept with your demonspawn and KUL!
    Cheers,
    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies - and thank you Kylie for having me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting interview! I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful awesome distribute. It is usually pleasant and valuable submit. Appreciate it for expressing some of these perfect search topics

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful awesome distribute. It will always be pleasant and valuable submit. Thankyou for expressing a lot of these perfect search topics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi friend, Groundbreaking, i was assert cheersmeant for blogging an exceedinglyprime quality post, basically might help others in numerous options

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice interview. interesting to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The best blog post I recently read. This post is great stuff. I stand up and say is fantastic! There is good reason that your article has more visitors

    ReplyDelete