I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day!

Royalty free stock image from http://www.123rf.com/

Ahh, Valentine's Day - the romance writer's most favourite day of the year...and for those who love reading romance, this is your day too!

What better way to celebrate it than indulging in a romantic gesture or two for the one you love (or secretly admire).

So, imagine this - you're organising a special Valentine's Day with your Dearest Heart (real or fantasy), complete with venue, meals, activities and things to do - what sorts of plans would you arrange?

For the purposes of this post I'm sure Deborah-Lee won't mind lending me Hugh Jackman as my Valentine's Day DH. :-)

One Valentine fantasy coming up!
OK, let's begin with a destination...hmm, while beaches and coastal views are nice, I tend to favour country settings a little more and Hugh looks like he could handle a mountain bushwalk or two, so maybe somewhere woodsy, perhaps at a place like this...

A little log cabin in the woods...just for the two of you...

Late night canoodling...
And nothing beats a lovely, warm, fireplace.

We could sit in front of it, on a nice soft lounge, or better yet, a nice thick rug on the floor and snuggle, perhaps with our beverages of choice, soft music playing in the background...

And a relaxing soak in a tub for two would also be divine!

Claw-foots and romance...Goldilocks factor - just right!

Your private Eden...
I think though, that we could be craving a little scenery with our water.

Perhaps not too far from the cabin would be this beautiful spot - privacy guaranteed, just in case we chose to get right back to nature and do some skinny-dipping!

Candlelight...
And if you're a foodie like me, I'd go all out and arrange a special meal.

Three courses, complete with scented candles. Definitely something chocolate for dessert.

Or maybe an after dinner activity involving chocolate...

Finding a lost love...
And, as this would be a romantic LONG weekend with Hugh, I'd definitely arrange a surprise or two.

I like the idea of getting lost in a garden hedge maze - it'd make finding each other lots of fun and those are privacy hedges, so we could take advantage of each other...umm, I mean of them!

After fun in the maze, and building up our appetites, what could beat a gourmet picnic out in the countryside. A quiet field in the sunshine, near a tree, a good meal, perhaps a snooze after lunch...
Share a picnic...

And to round off the Valentine's celebration a special little something for Hugh. What?

A special gift for a special love...

Well, that's my secret... ;-)

Final gratuitous shot of Hugh Jackman...sigh...
So, what sort of Valentine's Day would you enjoy indulging in?

If you could, would you go all out and paint the town red, would you choose something intimate and quiet, or maybe something beautifully simple?

A kiss?

1 comment:

  1. Hands off Hugh, Kylie, he is all mine! My VD will be quiet but it will be a good excuse to have a mid-week glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete