A day of veging out at home, usually watching the Boxing Day cricket test between Australia and England, eating leftovers from Christmas lunch/dinner and relaxing.
Childhood memories I have at this time of year...
- Summer heat - so hot you could fry an egg on a shovel (yeah, I've tried it!)
- pigging out on Christmas lunch
- drinking shandies (lemonade/Sprite mixed with a dash of beer)
- ham in a bag
- wearing thongs (flip-flops, jandles, not underwear)
- cats wrecking the Christmas tree and shredding the tinsel
- Santa stockings
- backyard cricket with the rellos
- running under the sprinkler in your cozzies (swimwear)
- eating watermelon
- mosquitoes (buzzing at night when you're trying to sleep, if it's not too hot)
- going to the Christmas church service with nan & pop
- lots of laughter
- watching cricket on TV with dad
- oh, and did I mention the Summer heat?
I wish everyone a host of good memories!