I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Saturday, July 14, 2012

SERIES: The Paranormal DownUnder - Angela Verdenius

In Australia, 2012 is the National Year of Reading. What better way to celebrate this than by finding a new-to-you author or revisiting a favorite one?

This series of blog posts, entitled The Paranormal DownUnder, aims to do just that!

Any of my regular readers know I'm passionate about introducing 'local' talent (aka authors from Australia & New Zealand). This time around I'm keen to feature those who write in this genre.

So, be prepared for a swag of authors & some blatant promotion of their books as they share their thoughts on the paranormal genre and why they find it so compelling.

Please welcome my next guest...Angela Verdenius.

Angela lives in Australia, where she is happily ruled by her cats. When not working as a nurse, or procrastinating and sneaking peeks at books, she can usually be found at her trusty computer…procrastinating by playing on the internet…

Reading has always been her escape, writing her dream. Horror, myths, legends, fantasy and history, there are no limits to the wonders to be found. And romance? Well, that adds the spice, hope and happiness ever after.

What compels you to write in the paranormal genre?
One of the genres I write, sci-fi/futuristic romances, I somehow 'fell' into.  I read Johanna Lindsey's WARRIOR WOMAN , and that was it for me!  I love being able to make my own worlds and laws, no matter how improbable.  My only limits are my imagination, everything is open to run with!

Is there something you'd like to write but have yet to attempt?
I wrote a short zombie horror/satire story, which I loved doing.  I want to write a full horror story one day, and also an urban fantasy with a difference.

Who are auto-buys for you in this genre? What makes their books so appealing to you?
I love Susan Grant's sci-fi romances, she has such wonderful worlds and intriguing people.

I haven't found many sci-fi/futuristic romances that intrigue me, but I also read straight paranormal romance - JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood and Christine Feehan's Dark series are two of my automatic buys.

The Brotherhood books are so full of colourful characters and jargon, and Ward is not afraid to be tough on her characters, and they have their own faults as well. The Dark series is so old world and sexy - you gotta love an Alpha man who thinks his woman is the most precious person in the world *swoon*!

OPERATION SEDUCTION
The future is sizzling good fun…
The United Air Medics…health professionals to society, and 'bonzer people' to the populations living in the Australian outback in need of medical attention.
However, behind the scenes is a whole different story.  Generously-proportioned nurse Regan, and the hunky medic Digby, are having an all-out private war...throw in some cattle duffers and a wild ride through the skies, and life is going to get a whole lot more interesting…and hot.

To find out more about Angela, go to her website or blog (for the lighter side of life!).

And here are some of Angela's other books in her Heart & Soul sci-fi series (published with Wings ePress):


4 comments:

  1. Angela is Wings our best-selling authors and highly respected as being able to represent the science fiction world. She presents a broad spectrum and a zest in her books that make you want more. I want to applaud her for her great accomplishment. Jayme Evans, author of futuristic 'To Wish' series with Wings ePress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never read any of her books but they sound enticing. I write in the paranormal too but mainly set in the everyday world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jayme *waving* fancy seeing you here! Thanks for the kind words, made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat - I'll have to google your books. I'm always on the lookkout for a new read!

    ReplyDelete